S. Cecilia Zuniga
A bilingual yogini and Reiki practitioner, Cecilia draws inspiration from various healing modalities and traditions to create a wellness experience that is in accordance to the energetics for a given time and season. Contingent on the style, a typical class will integrate alignment based vinyasa Yoga, Ayurveda, women's practice's, Chinese medicine and Reiki which may be informed by the cycles of the moon. More recently she's been interested in the power of healing sound vibrations and also integrating it with her offerings.
Be it a yoga class, an art project, or a way of life, Cecilia has always been inspired by ritual, the esoteric and nature. She credits her upbringing in magical and enchanting places such as New Mexico & Mexico.
Her background is in design, arts and technology. A classic “ENFP”, she is a people-centered creator with a focus on possibilities and a contagious enthusiasm for new ideas, people and activities.
Cecilia is certified as 200 E-RYT/500 RYT through Greenhouse Holistic and its community of teachers with its own diverse Yoga lineage (Hatha, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Vinyasa). She is excited to take part of an upcoming Katonah Yoga intensive training.
Usui Shiki Ryoho, Maha Rose Center for Healing, Brooklyn, NY 2018
Herbal Academy, online training, 2017-2018
- Herbal preparations
- The immune, respiratory, skin, and nervous systems and ailments
- Herbal therapeutics
- The holistic model of health
25 Hour Ayurveda Lunar Sequencing Advanced Studies, Brooklyn Light, Brooklyn, NY 2017
- sequencing yoga asana to the energies of the moon, day of the week and Ayurvedic practices, etc
Cacaoga®, online one on one training with founder, 2017
- Cacao’s history and properties (physical and shamanic)
- Cacaoga® format and suggested asanas to combine with cacao
- Heart-centered, guided meditation
- Holding space for emotional release and processing
- Variations of Cacaoga®, exploration of additional healing and movement practices
CACAO + YOGA
Usui Shiki Ryoho, Awakening Healing Center, Brooklyn, NY 2016
300 Hour advanced Yoga teacher training, Yoga Sukhavati, Brooklyn, NY 2015 - 2016
- Seasonal Yoga, Chinese medicine, Ayurveda & women’s practices.
- RYT 500 HR Yoga Alliance Certified
ADVANCED YOGA TT
American Red Cross, New York, NY 2015
Adult First Aid/CPR /AED
200 Hour alignment based Vinyasa Yoga teacher training, Greenhouse Holistic, Brooklyn, NY 2013
- E- RYT 200 HR Yoga Alliance Certified